Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Another finish!

This may be the last of the stitching I "got back"!!  I stitched this in 1990 for my mother-in-law, who collected black and white cows.  It was in a little frame and I got it back recently.  I didn't have anywhere to hang it, so I turned it into a little ornament!  It will look cute in spring and summer--and I'll think of her when I see it!
I have no idea who the designer is--it's just been too long!


Thanks for your kind comments about my little squirrel!!  (or whatever he is!!! LOL)
I've done some other stitching and finishing, so I've got more things to post!
Please come back soon--thanks for stopping by!
Frances

11 comments:

Justine said...

Well I loved the squirrel but these cows are simply gorgeous! The fabric you have chosen is such a good complement. What a lovely idea to re purpose old projects and a lovely reminder of the family members you stitched them for.

KimM said...

The squirrel is sweet, as are your cows - well done!
xxx

Brenda A said...

The cows are cute too!

diamondc said...

Frances: This is so sweet, I am in love with the coordinating fabric.
Wonderful

Blessings
Catherine

Carol said...

I'm so glad you are giving these older pieces a new life, Frances--this makes a very cute ornament!

Mini Addictions said...

The ornament is darling. I like that you used green and neutral fabric instead of black and white. It adds character to it. :-)

Kaisievic said...

What a wonderful ides to recycle these old treasures.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Love cows!! mmmmmoooooooo!! :)
Just love what you do, your so creative, and WOW do you inspire me heaps! Thank You :)
oooh take a look over at California Stitches blog... http://californiastitcher.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/winner-and-fnsi.html
I think your a winner!!! Go You!! :)
Smiles :)

Annette-California said...

Okay Frances you've certainly raised the bar for finishing. I love how you turned this design into a wonderful ornament. What a great idea taking a framed piece and making it a ornament. Beautiful work you do! love Annette

Andrea said...

A great ornament. Love the fabric too.

blue star stitcher said...

What a nice re-finish! Love the fabric you used.